Wednesday 11 September 20199:30 AM - 11:30 AMAdd to calendar
Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, NelsonView map
Presenter: Dr Scott Newburn (Occupational Physician)
Mental health issues tend to be less visible than physical injuries, yet they can have a critical impact on your business productivity and profitability. While the mental health issue is frequently seen as an individual’s issue, this can also impact on the safety, wellbeing and performance of the team.
This pro-active workshop discusses how to identify mental health issues in your workplace, plus practical steps you can take to support individuals, improve team performance and wellbeing.
You will learn:
- How to identify the early signs of mental health issues in your workplace
- An understanding of the relationship between mental health and mental disorders
- Strategies for managing a mental health crisis in the workplace safely
- Practical steps you can take to support your employees
- The benefits of early access to professional wellbeing services to address the health issues
- Practical ways to build a work environment that minimises mental health risks
So you can:
- Reduce workplace absenteeism and time off due to illness
- Maintain and improve productivity
- Improve team performance, morale and wellbeing
- Provide timely and professional support and care for affected employees
- Be known as a proactive and caring employer.
Who is this Workshop for:
All Business Owners, Managers and HR personnel who want to understand the impact of mental health issues in their workplace.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.